Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Weekly Bites: Lunch


OMG!!!! I'm already posting again! Two in one day, don't you feel lucky? Ha didn't think so. So I'm writing up some recipes and those of you who know me and know me well know I DO NOT SHARE RECIPES. Well I won’t be sharing my prized recipes but I will be sharing some awesome Eat Clean recipes and some cheat meals (maybe).
 
 
First meal post and yummy meal post!!!

I eat a lot through out my day, like 6 times maybe 7 if I get in my pre-bedtime Cassin shake. I try to buy in bulk and will later post where I shop and what I buy. How too look out for deals too. The biggest complaint I hear from people (in a whiney voice) "Eating healthy is so expensive!" Well it's not and excuses are the nails that built the house of failure!!! Thank Kim Totzke for that quote! I do all my prep and cooking of most my meals on Sunday. I will also post a walk through of what that looks like. Doing this ensures that you have no excuses the food is cooked, portioned and ready. You just take, heat and eat! So easy, right?

Roasted Lemon, Garlic and Herb Chicken with Garlicky Kale Salad

6 - bone-in chicken breast (usually get these from Harris Teeter or Costco, best prices)

2 - lemons

1 - package of fresh poultry herbs(it has thyme, rosemary, and sage cheaper than buying one of each of them.)

1 - teaspoon of Better Than Bouillon

1 - head of garlic, peeled

Season with salt and pepper to taste

Optional - 1/2 cup white wine

Start by cutting the lemon into thin rounds, be sure to pick the seeds out after you slice them. Next place the chicken into a Crockpot. I usually do this in two layers. Then top with lemon, garlic, herbs, seasoning and bouillon and optional wine. Cook on low over night or for five hours.

I usually portion out the chicken for the week. I take chicken breast and debone it and take the skin off then cut the meat into quarters. One chicken will last me for one day. That will be for lunch and two snacks. I put them into Tupperware and add the reaming juice and lemons in with the meat. Yes, the lemons. They will be translucent and edible, like preserves.

For the Kale Salad:

1 - tbsp tahini

1 - tbsp lemon juice

1 - tbsp tamari

1 - tbsp water

2 - tbsp nutritional yeast

1 - clove garlic, chopped

1 - head of kale, washed, dried & stems removed.

Pinch of cayenne

 

Rip kale into bite sized pieces. Blend all ingredients. Pour over kale. Massage dressing into kale. Let sit in fridge for about 30 mins to let the dressing set in (or eat it right away) When I'm making it for the week I just double the recipe. These also make amazing Kale chips!!!!! Just spread on a baking sheet with a silpat or wax paper and bake for 15 min on 425' or until crispy.

 



No comments:

Post a Comment